Sunday, August 29, 2010

Do you know about Wyatt Earp?



This show has been a round for a little while. I believe it was originally produced at the Hartt School. I hear there are a few companies around North America who want to produce runs of I Married Wyatt Earp, which is great news. It is an all female cast of five, with fantastic music and an epic story. I could see the Caravan doing something like this. You can find more of the music on YouTube. Joe has promised me that he will try and get as much of the music to me this fall. Getting new music is the big goal for the next couple months. I have been hearing a lot of great new stuff and would love to pass it along to as many singers as possible.

EAP is also thinking that there may be an opportunity to facilitate something similar to the performance series that NYTB has been doing for a while. Is anyone doing writers workshops here in Toronto? And if not are there enough eager writers of musical theatre here to really support one? It would be a great way for writers, producers and performers to work creatively together. Finding the right space would also be a challenge.

No comments: