Sunday, October 26, 2008

[boxhead]

I promised to write a full review this week for [boxhead] which I recently saw. It might be a difficult task given the nature of the subject, but for now I will say that it was riveting. I was really drawn in and compelled by the subject matter. So often new theatre tries way to hard, or takes itself way to serious to translate well to live presentation, and while [boxhead[ has some borderline moments, (the opening with the illuminated drumming hands) almost made me groan Ala blue man group. But, as things when along I began to appreciate the subject matter and even more so the impressive acting chops of Adam Lazarus and Andrew Shaver. I mean it is not your everyday actor who can convey, with nuance, with a cardboard box covering their head. Be sure to check out [boxhead]., which runs thru. Nov 2

No comments: